BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BALTIMORESUN.COM:
U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings of Baltimore, a committee chairman known for his devotion to Baltimore and civil rights and for blunt and passionate speechmaking, died of longstanding health problems early Thursday morning, his office said. He was 68 years old.
The Democrat, a key figure in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump as chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, died at Gilchrist Hospice Care, a Johns Hopkins affiliate, at approximately 2:45 A.M., a spokeswoman said.
The article goes on to state the following:
Cummings, who had been absent from Capitol Hill in recent weeks while under medical attention, had health issues in recent years. In 2017, he underwent an aortic valve replacement. The procedure, which aides described as minimally invasive in Cummings’ case, is used to correct narrowing of the aortic valve in the heart. The surgery led to an infection that kept him in the hospital longer than expected. He was later hospitalized for a knee infection, but he said this summer that his health was fine.
The report states that Cummings had not participated in a roll call vote since September 11.
U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings was a committee chairman known for his devotion to Baltimore and civil rights and for blunt and passionate speechmaking. He died of longstanding health problems early Thursday morning at 68. https://t.co/r6jD7oLDa1
— The Baltimore Sun (@baltimoresun) October 17, 2019
U.S. @RepCummings, an American patriot and longtime Baltimore Democrat and frequent target of the #RacistInChief, has died from complications of longstanding health problems.#RIPElijahCummingshttps://t.co/HEW9I5yTqX
— Democratic Coalition (@TheDemCoalition) October 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BALTIMORESUN.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BALTIMORESUN.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Celebrity singer calls flight attendant ‘racist’ after incident onboard
- REPORT: Former WH counsel: Trump ‘should have been impeached the day he walked in’
- REPORT: New witness claims first-hand account of Trump’s push for Ukraine probes
- REPORT: First Lady Melania Trump given disgusting label on Wikimedia’s Wikidata Site
- EXCLUSIVE: Ilhan Omar threatens Trump amid impeachment hearings
- VIDEO: Trump accuses intelligence inspector general of seeking ‘publicity for himself’
- BREAKING: Stolen Kansas trailer found, thousands of meals inside meant for homeless vets gone
- REPORT: Travel Warning: Officials warn about growing threat through your phone
- BREAKING: Boeing 737 forced to divert after engine shuts down
- REPORT: Jeff Bezos is no longer the world’s richest person