BREAKING: Defense official arrested for leaking information to two journalists
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Department of Justice on Wednesday announced the arrest of a Defense Intelligence Agency official for allegedly leaking classified information to journalists, including one with whom he was apparently in a relationship.
Law enforcement officials arrested 30-year-old Henry Kyle Frese of Virginia as he arrived at work Tuesday morning and charged him with two counts of willful transmission of national defense information. If convicted, he faces a maximum of 20 years in prison.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to charging documents filed with a federal court in Virginia, the information that Frese allegedly leaked involved a foreign country’s weapons system. The Justice Department would not identify the journalists, the outlets they worked for or the country that the leaked documents concerned.
The Hill reported that “one of the journalists apparently lived with and possibly dated Frese, according to the charging documents.”
A separate report by the Wall Street Journal identified the two journalists as follows:
The journalists aren’t named in the indictment, but they are identifiable as Amanda Macias, a national security reporter for CNBC, and Courtney Kube, a national security reporter for NBC. Public tweets cited in the court filings correspond to tweets sent by Ms. Macias and Ms. Kube in July of last year.
Henry Kyle Frese, of Alexandria, was charged with two counts of willful transmission of national defense information, each carrying a maximum of 10 years imprisonment. https://t.co/gmZmc0izJs
— Jennifer Franco (@jennfranconews) October 9, 2019
JUST IN: An employee of the US Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) in northern Virginia was arrested Tuesday and charged with leaking top secret information to 2 journalists, 1 of whom he was romantically involved, federal prosecutors allege – @PeteWilliamsNBC
— NBC News (@NBCNews) October 9, 2019
— Kevin Corke (@kevincorke) October 9, 2019
NEW: Intelligence official Henry Kyle Frese was arrested today for allegedly leaking classified information to reporters at CNBC and NBC, the latest in a series of prosecutions against employees accused of sharing classified info w/ the press. https://t.co/FlBNXZuiGf
— Dustin Volz (@dnvolz) October 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Impeachment hearing takes sudden turn after Trump’s tweet about witness, witness responds [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Federal prosecutors announce new investigation into Giuliani involving Ukraine
- REPORT: Democrats send message to federal judge about Trump’s NY tax returns
- REPORT: First Lady Melania Trump given disgusting label on Wikimedia’s Wikidata Site
- REPORT: Syria’s Assad comments on Jeffrey Epstein death
- VIDEO: Ken Starr comments on Trump’s tweet during Yovanovitch testimony
- VIDEO: GOP reps rally to Stefanik’s defense as Schiff stifles her at impeachment hearings
- REPORT: State Dept. official confirms Trump-Sondland conversation on Ukraine probes
- EXCLUSIVE: Ilhan Omar threatens Trump amid impeachment hearings
- VIDEO: Trump accuses intelligence inspector general of seeking ‘publicity for himself’