BREAKING: DC board rejects Trump Hotel effort to dismiss complaint based on Trump’s ‘character’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Alcoholic Beverage Control Board in Washington may review a group’s challenge to President Trump’s liquor license at his D.C. hotel because he allegedly doesn’t satisfy requirements of having “good character,” The Washington Post reports.
The board issued an order Wednesday that blocked the Trump International Hotel’s motion to dismiss the protest, which came from an attorney, two former judges and some religious leaders who make up the Campaign for Accountability and Transparency Inc.
The article goes on to state the following:
The city requires that those who sell alcoholic beverages in the nation’s capital “is of good character and generally fit for the responsibilities of licensure.” The group asserts the Trump doesn’t meet that bar, the Post reports.
Trump passed off the day-to-day responsibilities to his sons during his presidency, but the president is still an owner of the hotel.
the latest on this *Extremely D.C.* saga https://t.co/QmZiMtenjN
— Katie Mettler (@kemettler) June 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Celebrity chef passes away at age 44
- VIDEO: Schiff says he finally found the key to justify impeachment
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- VIDEO: Biden’s campaign likely coming to an end, thanks to Clinton-linked Ukraine bombshell, Nunes says
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- Biden gives contentious, finger-pointing answer to reporter over Ukraine question
- REPORT: Pelosi opens door to impeachment
- BREAKING: 3 dead, others hospitalized in Pittsburgh ‘medical situation’
- VIDEO: Dem candidate takes a jab at Hillary Clinton’s failure in 2016
- VIDEO: Florida woman jailed after video of her kicking and choking dog goes viral