BREAKING: DC board rejects Trump Hotel effort to dismiss complaint based on Trump’s ‘character’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Alcoholic Beverage Control Board in Washington may review a group’s challenge to President Trump’s liquor license at his D.C. hotel because he allegedly doesn’t satisfy requirements of having “good character,” The Washington Post reports.
The board issued an order Wednesday that blocked the Trump International Hotel’s motion to dismiss the protest, which came from an attorney, two former judges and some religious leaders who make up the Campaign for Accountability and Transparency Inc.
The article goes on to state the following:
The city requires that those who sell alcoholic beverages in the nation’s capital “is of good character and generally fit for the responsibilities of licensure.” The group asserts the Trump doesn’t meet that bar, the Post reports.
Trump passed off the day-to-day responsibilities to his sons during his presidency, but the president is still an owner of the hotel.
the latest on this *Extremely D.C.* saga https://t.co/QmZiMtenjN
— Katie Mettler (@kemettler) June 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement on deportations, DML responds
- TRUMP TWEET: Something weird going on at Fox
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- BREAKING: Judge dismisses House Dem’s lawsuit over border wall funding
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- VIDEO: Mayor of border town overrun by illegal immigrants blasts federal government
- REPORT: State House REJECTS popular vote proposal
- BREAKING: Trump announces major shakeup on Secretary of Defense appointment
- REPORT: Former Trump Cabinet secretary and former GOP senator pay big bucks to attend Biden fundraiser