BREAKING: Cummings threatens salaries of Trump officials
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) on Tuesday threatened to withhold the salaries of White House officials who enforce nondisclosure agreements that lack protections for federal whistleblowers.
The move is the latest effort by Cummings to demand documents from a defiant Trump administration by invoking the congressional power of the purse and threatening officials’ pay.
The article goes on to state the following:
Cummings sent a letter to acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney renewing a request for documents regarding nondisclosure agreements for White House staff to determine whether they include language verifying protections for whistleblowers providing information to Congress about potential wrongdoing.
“Gag orders without this required language could chill employees from reporting violations of law, waste, fraud, and abuse. As a result, the salaries of officials who enforce such illegal nondisclosure agreements may be withheld, according to federal law,” Cummings wrote.
— Oversight Committee (@OversightDems) May 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- POLL: Is Fox News turning on President Trump?
- BREAKING: Judge upholds Dem subpoena for Trump financial records
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- REPORT: Lynch on whether Obama ordered politically motivated infiltration of Trump campaign
- REPORT: Fox News commentator attacks Trump, fires back at his criticism of the channel
- VIDEO: Robert De Niro Booed During ‘F*ck Trump’ Rant