BREAKING: Chicago’s top cop expected to announce retirement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM:
Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson is expected to later this week announce he will retire as the city’s top cop, sources said.
His departure would be announced as city Inspector General Joseph Ferguson continues to investigate an incident into police officers finding Johnson asleep in his car last month. He later told the mayor he had a few drinks earlier that evening.
The article goes on to state the following:
The disclosure about his future comes a day after he told reporters at City Hall he was contemplating retirement but insisted he wasn’t stepping down because of the ongoing inspector general investigation.
Johnson reportedly made the following statement as his reason for retiring: “I have given 31 years now to this city, and almost four as superintendent. You know, but I recognize also that at some point it’s time to create another chapter in your life. And I will tell you all this: When my family and I went to London for the Bears game, that’s the first vacation like that that I’ve had since I became superintendent. And I looked at my family and it made me realize how much of a sacrifice you make for your family when you take on positions like this.”
Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson is expected to announce this week that he will retire as the city’s top cop, sources say. https://t.co/DnupFRPLCS
— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: W.H.O. makes announcement on trial of anti-malaria drug hydoxychloroquine
- REPORT: Here are the times President Barack Obama played golf on Memorial Day weekends
- REPORT: Judge Blocks Prosecution’s Request In Epstein Case
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Possible Running Mate Scolds Biden Over ‘You Ain’t Black’ Remark…On CNN!
- EXCLUSIVE: Single mom, physician assistant posts blistering open letter to Gov. Cuomo [READ]
- Submit News
- REPORT: Ahmaud Arbery family’s legal team reveals probe into law enforcement
- REPORT: NAACP pushes back on Biden’s claim it endorsed him after ‘you ain’t black’ furor
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname