BREAKING: Census Judge Deals Blow to Trump Administration’s Plan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Bloomberg:
A federal judge rejected a request by the Trump administration to assign a new legal team to a lawsuit that blocked the U.S. from adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census.
U.S. District Judge Jesse Furman in Manhattan called the government’s request “patently deficient,” adding that the U.S. had provided “no reasons, let alone ’satisfactory reasons,’ for the substitution of counsel.”
The article goes on to state the following.
Government officials have been searching for a way to insert the citizenship question on the census following a Supreme Court ruling that put the administration’s plan on hold because its rationale for the query was “contrived.” The forms for the once-a-decade headcount must be prepared soon to meet the deadline for 2020.
The “mere expectation that withdrawal of current counsel will not cause any disruption is not good enough,” Furman reportedly wrote in the Tuesday order.
— Bloomberg Politics (@bpolitics) July 9, 2019
A federal judge has rejected a request by the Trump admin to assign a new legal team to a lawsuit that blocked the U.S. from adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census, Bloomberg News reports.https://t.co/u2YmtNIxP1
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) July 9, 2019
Judge denies Trump administration’s request to swap most lawyers in census case pic.twitter.com/mROUTt6WDj
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Bloomberg. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Bloomberg
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- IMPORTANT: Facebook Hits DML with Hate Violation. Here’s what happens next
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’