BREAKING: Britain’s Prince Andrew steps down from public duties, citing Epstein ties
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
LONDON (Reuters) – Britain’s Prince Andrew stepped down from public duties on Wednesday, saying the controversy surrounding his ill-judged association with late U.S. financier Jeffrey Epstein had caused major disruption to the royal family’s work.
Andrew, Queen Elizabeth’s second son, denies an allegation that he had sex with a 17-year-old girl procured for him by his friend Epstein, who killed himself in a U.S. prison while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.
The article goes on to state the following:
The scandal has escalated since Andrew’s rambling explanations in a disastrous TV interview aired on Saturday left many viewers incredulous, and his apparent lack of compassion for Epstein’s victims drew widespread condemnation.
In a statement issued by Buckingham Palace, Andrew said the scrutiny had become a “major disruption” to the work of the royal family and the charities associated with him.
Prince Andrew will “step back from public duties” after a widely criticized TV interview about his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein. https://t.co/aUIK9uIwpa
— The New York Times (@nytimes) November 20, 2019
NEW: Following his widely panned BBC interview about sexual abuse allegations against him and his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, Prince Andrew steps down from “public duties for foreseeable future” and says he “deeply sympathizes” with victims of Jeffrey Epstein. pic.twitter.com/u63GLqriqn
— Bryan Llenas (@BryanLlenas) November 20, 2019
Prince Andrew steps down from public duties, here’s the statement pic.twitter.com/jTd5PSM9Oh
— Jim Pickard (@PickardJE) November 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots