BREAKING: Border Patrol Seizes Eight Shipments of Fentanyl Destined to Cities Throughout the U.S.
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBP.GOV:
PORT HURON, Mich – U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Field Operations at the Blue Water Bridge seize nearly 600 grams of Fentanyl during special operations.
In the month of January, CBP Officers identified eight separate shipments via Canadian mail trucks that did not match the manifested contents of the packages and selected them for an enforcement examination at the Centralized Examination Station in Marysville, MI. Upon inspection, the packages each contained a white rock like substance which were detained and tested locally and sent for further examination. Lab testing results came back confirming that each package contained fentanyl and meso-erythritol (sugar alcohol).
The article goes on to state the following:
“Our officer’s commitment to serve and protect is constant and this is just one of the ways we are doing our part to stem the opioid crisis impacting our nation” said Port Director Michael Fox.
The total weight of the eight shipments was 572.34 grams with an estimated street value of $15,000.00 which when further processed and distributed could have impacted thousands of U.S. citizens with deadly results.
#CAUGHT by @CBPGreatLakes! 8 shipments of fentanyl have been seized by @CBP Officers at the Blue Water Bridge in #PortHuron Michigan. Read More here! https://t.co/rXqcBD1Ldt pic.twitter.com/2FTiWLF0HX
— CBP Great Lakes (@CBPGreatLakes) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBP.GOV. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBP.GOV
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: DOJ Makes Stunning Revelation About Federal Arrests of Non-U.S. Citizens in 2018
- REPORT: Harris Campaign Brought in Crowd to ‘Boost’ Cheering During Speech
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- OpEd: Ocasio-Cortez has yet another bad idea that makes no sense