BREAKING: BIG NEWS about Jeff Sessions leaked to press
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
WASHINGTON — Jeff Sessions, the former senator from Alabama whose tumultuous tenure as President Trump’s attorney general lasted less than two years, will enter the race to reclaim his old seat in 2020, a Republican official said.
Mr. Sessions plans to announce his candidacy on Thursday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Sessions has remained largely out of the public eye, and has been effectively exiled from Republican politics, since he was forced out of the Trump administration last November. He had repeatedly clashed with the president over his decision to recuse himself from the Justice Department’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
According to NBC News’ Vaughn Hillyard, “Two sources familiar with Jeff Sessions plans say the former U.S. AG will announce his bid to reclaim old U.S. Senate seat ahead of this week’s filing deadline. It has been made clear to Sessions that Pres. Trump intends to campaign against him.”
AP sources: Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions will announce Alabama Senate bid on Thursday. https://t.co/Eub33b9Vh6
— The Associated Press (@AP) November 6, 2019
New from @jeffzeleny: Jeff Sessions will jump into the Alabama Senate race tomorrow, a GOP official familiar tells CNN. Sessions reached his decision over the last several days and hired a consulting firm today, the official said.
— Rebecca Buck (@RebeccaBuck) November 6, 2019
Two sources familiar with Jeff Sessions plans say the former U.S. AG will announce his bid to reclaim old U.S. Senate seat ahead of this week’s filing deadline. It has been made clear to Sessions that Pres. Trump intends to campaign against him. https://t.co/KdOBwyzgki
— Vaughn Hillyard (@VaughnHillyard) November 6, 2019
Jeff Sessions plans to run for his former Alabama U.S. Senate seat. The ex-attorney general was forced out by President Trump last year. https://t.co/HFRLKsxjjg
— The New York Times (@nytimes) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Spoiler Alert: Here’s what happened to Sean Spicer on ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- BREAKING: Supreme Court makes decision on lawsuit against gun manufacturer brought by Sandy Hook families
- VIDEO: Former McCain campaign manager predicts who Trump’s 2020 VP running mate will be
- OP-ED: Fox analyst says Democrats’ Trump impeachment inquiry is already in big trouble, thanks to one man
- REPORT: The Supreme Court Looks Ready To Uphold Trump’s Bid To End DACA
- REPORT: First Member of Congress Names Alleged ‘Whistleblower’: ‘He’s Not Voldemort’
- VIDEO: Fox anchor blasts Mollie Hemingway for naming alleged whistleblower
- POLL: Do you support Trump making a “deal” for DACA recipients to stay?
- REPORT: Colin Kaepernick gets opportunity from NFL: ‘Can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs’
- REPORT: Dem congressman’s campaign has now paid over $1M to sister’s firm