BREAKING: BIG NEWS about Jeff Sessions leaked to press
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
WASHINGTON — Jeff Sessions, the former senator from Alabama whose tumultuous tenure as President Trump’s attorney general lasted less than two years, will enter the race to reclaim his old seat in 2020, a Republican official said.
Mr. Sessions plans to announce his candidacy on Thursday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Sessions has remained largely out of the public eye, and has been effectively exiled from Republican politics, since he was forced out of the Trump administration last November. He had repeatedly clashed with the president over his decision to recuse himself from the Justice Department’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
According to NBC News’ Vaughn Hillyard, “Two sources familiar with Jeff Sessions plans say the former U.S. AG will announce his bid to reclaim old U.S. Senate seat ahead of this week’s filing deadline. It has been made clear to Sessions that Pres. Trump intends to campaign against him.”
AP sources: Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions will announce Alabama Senate bid on Thursday. https://t.co/Eub33b9Vh6
— The Associated Press (@AP) November 6, 2019
New from @jeffzeleny: Jeff Sessions will jump into the Alabama Senate race tomorrow, a GOP official familiar tells CNN. Sessions reached his decision over the last several days and hired a consulting firm today, the official said.
— Rebecca Buck (@RebeccaBuck) November 6, 2019
Two sources familiar with Jeff Sessions plans say the former U.S. AG will announce his bid to reclaim old U.S. Senate seat ahead of this week’s filing deadline. It has been made clear to Sessions that Pres. Trump intends to campaign against him. https://t.co/KdOBwyzgki
— Vaughn Hillyard (@VaughnHillyard) November 6, 2019
Jeff Sessions plans to run for his former Alabama U.S. Senate seat. The ex-attorney general was forced out by President Trump last year. https://t.co/HFRLKsxjjg
— The New York Times (@nytimes) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Rubio fires warning shot at Twitter after it puts fact-check label on Trump tweet
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- Submit News
- REPORT: Bill Gates explains why he met with Epstein
- REPORT: Former CBS News president warns anti-Trump liberal media has gone too far
- REPORT: Man caught with MASSIVE wad of cash at airport after missing flight
- REPORT: Gaetz Drafting Bill Targeting Big Tech Over One-Sided ‘Fact Checks’
- DML Live: How Trump can influence the end of Twitter, plus the impact of 100k dead
- VIDEO: Video shows altercation between looters and woman in wheelchair outside Minneapolis Target
- BREAKING: Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin subject of complaints before George Floyd’s death