BREAKING: Beto O’Rourke declares 2020 intentions
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
(Reuters) – Beto O’Rourke, the youthful Texan who gained a national following with his long-shot election battle against U.S. Senator Ted Cruz last year, told a Texas TV station on Wednesday he would seek the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.
“I’m really proud of what El Paso did and what El Paso represents,” O’Rourke said in a text to TV station KTSM. “It’s a big part of why I’m running. This city is the best example of this country at its best.”
The article goes on to state the following:
A formal announcement will be made on Thursday morning by O’Rourke, a 46-year-old former three-term U.S. congressman from West Texas, the television station said.
— Emily Ramshaw (@eramshaw) March 13, 2019
— Austin Statesman (@statesman) March 14, 2019
Open thread: If Beto announces tomorrow, what does it do to the field? Who does he cannibalize support form most?
— Joy Reid (@JoyAnnReid) March 14, 2019
Beto O’Rourke is running for President in 2020, local El Paso TV station confirms. https://t.co/h3XTnfyAEB
— Michael Skolnik (@MichaelSkolnik) March 14, 2019
Former congressman Beto O’Rourke will seek the Democratic presidential nomination, according to a source close to his campaign pic.twitter.com/YyujKm27eF
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) March 14, 2019
— Mark Dice (@MarkDice) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: 2020 candidate: There’s “no question” Trump faked a disability to avoid Vietnam war
- REPORT: The Obamas are worth 30 times more than when they entered the White House their millions
- Media cries over Pelosi video
- CLAIM: Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and laughed as friend raped woman
- POLL: Should illegal alien get the death penalty
- Police are searching for a missing 5-year-old Utah girl. They said the case won’t end well
- Woman dies, 10 officers hurt when vehicles crash in Chicago
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton: Donald Trump ‘Running Scared’ from Nancy Pelosi
- Video: Fox News host Jeanine Pirro says Nancy Pelosi needs “an intervention” and is “batty”
- REPORT: Playboy model is chased out of ultra-orthodox Jewish area in New York