BREAKING: Attorney who oversaw Roger Stone case resigns from Trump administration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — The US attorney whose nomination for a top Treasury Department job was yanked because she ran the office that oversaw Roger Stone’s prosecution has resigned, an administration official tells CNN.
Jessie Liu, who previously headed the US attorney’s office in Washington, submitted her resignation to the Treasury Department, effective Wednesday evening. She went to the Treasury Department with the intention of filling a Senate-confirmed position, which is no longer available after her nomination was withdrawn earlier Wednesday, the official said.
The article goes on to state the following:
While head of the US Attorney’s Office in Washington, Liu inherited many of the major ongoing cases from Robert Mueller’s special counsel investigation and was also handling the politically charged case of former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, a frequent target of Trump’s ire who is also a CNN contributor.
Liu was scheduled to have her confirmation hearing today. Yesterday she resigned from her temporary position at Treasury, which she was doing until she got confirmed. In what many saw as unusual, she left U.S. attorney’s office before being confirmed. https://t.co/6eG8Bna6si
— Kaitlan Collins (@kaitlancollins) February 13, 2020
Trump’s decision to withdraw Liu’s nomination was directly linked to her oversight of the US Attorney’s Office in charge of Roger Stone’s prosecution, a person familiar with the thinking said. She submitted her resignation effective Wednesday evening https://t.co/iq0d2YK171 pic.twitter.com/cJlLE5Wnls
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) February 13, 2020
On Tuesday, Fox Business host Lou Dobbs exposed shocking details surrounding Liu, in what he called another “deep state cover-up.”
Dobbs revealed that former Senate Intelligence Committee Security Director James Wolfe had been the one to leak the FISA application used against Carter Page.
“During her time as D.C.’s top attorney, Liu helped Wolfe get away with leaking classified information and lying to the FBI,” Dobbs alleged.
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) February 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- WATCH: Amazing takedown of suspect by K9 cop
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: Black, gay Republican blasts Jussie Smollett for hate crime hoax