BREAKING: Appeals Court issues ruling on Texas abortion ban during COVID-19 pandemic
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONTIMES.COM:
Less than 24-hours after a district court judge halted Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s executive order banning most elective abortions during the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, a federal appeals court has moved to uphold the ban, effectively overruling the lower court.
The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals allowed the governor’s order to go into effect in a 2-1 move, while the legal battle over its constitutionality plays out in the courts.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Abbott had issued the order last week to stop nonessential medical procedures from taking place in order to prevent medical supplies from running low, and the spread of the coronavirus. Other states had acted similarly.
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton declared in a Twitter post earlier Tuesday, “Abortion providers who refuse to follow state law are demonstrating a clear disregard for Texans suffering from this medical crisis. For years, abortion has been touted as a ‘choice’ by the same groups now attempting to claim it is an essential procedure.”
Abortion providers who refuse to follow state law are demonstrating a clear disregard for Texans suffering from this medical crisis. For years, abortion has been touted as a ‘choice’ by the same groups now attempting to claim it is an essential procedure.https://t.co/Q0WFl2U3Rl
— Texas Attorney General (@TXAG) March 31, 2020
“UPDATE: Victory at 5th Circuit – Abortion ruling stayed!” Paxton tweeted after the ruling Tuesday afternoon.
UPDATE: Victory at 5th Circuit – Abortion ruling stayed! https://t.co/vmpyXsje0B
— Ken Paxton (@KenPaxtonTX) March 31, 2020
The appeals court has temporarily stayed the Texas abortion ruling while it considers what to do
— Lawrence Hurley (@lawrencehurley) March 31, 2020
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton got a temporary victory in his legal battle to halt abortions during the #COVID19 pandemic after a federal appeals court sided with the state today. https://t.co/IUf5YajHrz
— Texas Tribune (@TexasTribune) March 31, 2020
— Reuters Legal (@ReutersLegal) March 31, 2020
Texas abortion ban during COVID-19 pandemic allowed to continue, an appeals court ordered https://t.co/TwGhq1P6s9
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) March 31, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONTIMES.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONTIMES.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz torches Rosenstein on Russia probe in blistering grilling
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- REPORT: Democrat senator calls for Barr to resign over order to clear protests
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to NFL team, ‘Change your name’
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- BREAKING: Shock report on jobs for May, economists floored