BREAKING: Another Democrat candidate drops White House bid
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Montana Gov. Steve Bullock (D) on Monday formally dropped out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, ending a longshot campaign that failed to catch fire even as he attracted support from senior party officials and operatives.
Bullock, 53, was the only candidate in the Democratic contest who won election in a red state on the same day President Trump won the White House. He based his campaign on a promise to win back areas where Democrats have lost voters in recent years.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I entered this race as a voice to win back the places we lost, bridge divides and rid our system of the corrupting influence of dark money,” Bullock said in a statement. “While the concerns that propelled me to enter in the first place have not changed, I leave this race filled with gratitude and optimism, inspired and energized by the good people I’ve had the privilege of meeting over the course of the campaign.”
In his statement, Bullock said it has become clear that “I won’t be able to break through to the top tier of this still-crowded field of candidates.”
Today, I’m suspending my campaign for President.
Thank you for your belief, your trust, and your support. Read my full statement here: https://t.co/eWuRmOqjlT
— Steve Bullock (@GovernorBullock) December 2, 2019
If we can kick Dark Money out of Montana’s elections, we can do it across the country. Join us: https://t.co/qXIDgkXNst
— Steve Bullock (@GovernorBullock) December 1, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) December 2, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots